- 6 large potatoes, red-skinned or Yukon Gold variety
- 1 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions
1. Peel potatoes leaving some patches with skin on. Cut into quarters and place in pot with water, garlic and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer potatoes for 25-30 minutes or until soft, adding water as necessary to keep from boiling dry.
2. Drain and discard all but 1/4 cup of water in the pot. Add butter to pot and mash all together well. Stir in the greek yogurt and green onions and serve.