- 4 large free range farm eggs
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 c fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 c ham, cubed
- 1/4 c onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 c mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 c feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tsp butter, divided
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt 1 tsp butter in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Saute the onions, ham and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
2. Crack eggs into a medium bowl and add the tablespoon of water. Wisk together until slightly frothy. Add salt & pepper if desired.
3. Rinse the pan with hot water and pat dry. Place the non-stick frying pan back on medium heat and melt the remaining tsp of butter. Pour eggs into pan, tilting the pan so the eggs coat the pan evenly. Sprinkle the chopped spinach evenly over the eggs. Turn the heat to low and place a cover over the pan and cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes until just set.
4. Sprinkle mushroom mixture over only half of the omelette. Then sprinkle the cheeses over the mushroom mixture. Carefully fold the other half of the omelette over covering the mushroom mixture and cheeses.
5. Place lid back to cover and cook for approximately 1 minute more just long enough to melt the cheese. Carefully slide the omelette onto a serving plate. Serves 2-3 people.