- 18 gingersnap cookies (I use the kinnikinnick brand)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 3 c pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- sweetened whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Crush gingersnap cookies into a fine crumb. Mix the cookie crumbs, the butter and the 2 tbsp sugar together and press firmly into the bottom of a cheesecake pan. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
2. Mix the remaining sugar together with the spices and the cornstarch and set aside. Beat eggs until frothy, then add milk and pumpkin puree and beat until blended. Add the sugar spice mixture, vanilla, salt and blend together.
3. Pour the mixture over the cooled cheesecake crust and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
4. Cool for 3 hours and serve slices of pie with whipped cream.