- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 c fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 4 c canned tomatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package wheat free spaghetti noodles
1. Place the onions and 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan and saute for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes. Turn to high heat and add the wine. Simmer for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt. Bring the ingredients to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer.
2. Rinse and dry chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Brown both sides of chicken thighs with 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick skillet (about 10 minutes). Add browned chicken thighs to tomato mushroom sauce and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Boil 6 cups water in a kettle or a medium pot. Set aside and keep hot. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta in a large colander, rinse well, then pour the boiling water over the pasta. Drain well and place pasta into a serving dish. Place the chicken on top of the pasta and pour the sauce overtop. Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.