- 1 14 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 c Pace salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 c sliced pickled jalepeno peppers
- 200 grams yellow corn torilla chips
1. Pile tortilla chips in a thin layer onto a large oven safe platter.
2. Drain beans and rinse. Place into food processer along with 1/4 c salsa, 1 tbsp taco seasoning, garlic, molasses and blend until smooth.
3. Mix the sour cream, mayonaise and 1 tbsp taco seasoning together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Push some of the chips out from the center of the platter leaving a small space. Scoop the bean dip into the center of the platter, flatten it and make an indentation in the middle of the dip with the back of a spoon.
5. Sprinkle the cheese and jalepeno slices over the chips and the bean dip and place into the oven to broil for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Spoon the remaining salsa on top of the bean dip, top with the sour cream mixture and serve.