- Quick Rice Side Dish – Take 1/2 a package of wheat free seasoned rice mix and a 1/2 cup of white regular or basmati rice and place in a small sauce pan with 1 cup of water. Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and follow the remaining instructions on the package. Its quick, still flavourful and a lot less salty.
- Fast and Easy Fish – Grill salmon fillets with skin on and skin side down on tin foil. Once the fish is cooked, using a spatula, immediately move the fish fillets to a platter. The skin will stick to the foil and the fish separates easily from the skin.
- Easy Microwave Clean-up – Place a small dish with 1/2 cup of water and a slice of lemon in it into the microwave. Microwave at high for 1-2 minutes and remove. Then wipe the microwave with a clean cloth. And voila! The steam from the lemon water will have loosened the grime from the walls of the microwave.
- Best Muffins – Sift the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt together twice before adding to the wet ingredients. This will make your muffins tender, light and airy (but not holey). I do this for pancakes too!
- Rinse Rice Pasta – Rice pasta can get very gummy and slimy during the cooking process. Be sure to use the recommended amount of water to boil pasta and boil a kettle of water to pour over and rinse the pasta with. This extra step keeps the pasta steaming hot and cuts down on the stickiness.
- Perfect Pie Crusts – Roll out pie crust dough between two sheets of lightly floured waxed paper.