- 4 large potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
- 1/2 roasted chicken, deboned
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove wrap from potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Thinly slice the onion and sauté in a large frying pan with the olive oil until tender. Stir in the barbeque sauce and heat on low.
3. Thinly slice or shred the chicken and add to the sauce in the frying pan.
4. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Fluff the centre of each potato half with the tines of a fork being careful not to damage the shell of the potato.
5. Place potato halves onto a baking sheet. Scoop 1/8 of the barbeque chicken mixture onto each potato. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Return potatoes to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with a nice salad.