- 1/4 c Grey Poupon dijon mustard
- 1/4 c honey (preferably fresh local honey)
- 3 tbsp half & half cream
- 4 chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps butter
1. Mix first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper and 4 tbsp of the mustard mixture. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan until butter just begins to brown. Add chicken breast halves to pan and cook on medium heat until brown on one side, approximately 10 minutes, then turn over in pan. Cover and cook for an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until done.
3. Remove chicken from pan and cook the liquid in pan down until it is reduced to a light brown sauce. Then place the chicken back in the pan for 2 more minutes turning it over in the sauce several times.
4. Heat the remaining mustard sauce on the stovetop until it is bubbling, stirring often to keep from scorching.
5. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, slice thinly on an angle across the grain, and arrange on a platter or individual serving plates. Pour the mustard sauce over the chicken slices.