- 4 tuna steaks about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds & 2 tbsp. regular sesame seeds mixed together in a shallow bowl
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil (or other light coloured oil such as canola)
- 2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 green onions sliced diagonally (garnish)
1. Rinse the tuna steaks in cold water. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Dip both sides of tuna in the sesame seeds.
2. Heat the tbsp. of oil in a cast iron frying pan. Add the tuna steaks and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn the tuna over and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from pan and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Slice into thin strips and arrange onto a serving dish.
3. Wisk the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined and drizzle over the tuna slices. Garnish with the green onions and serve.