- 2 lbs. elk, very lean ground beef, or venison
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp Grey Poupon dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp extra hot horseradish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 c gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c gluten free oats
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 6 slices of bacon
1. Mix the first 9 ingredients together in a large bowl. Wisk together the egg and water in a separate bowl and add to the mixture, mixing well. Then add the breadcrumbs and oats and mix again.
2. Fold mixture out onto a greased cookie sheet and using your hands mould it into the shape of a loaf about four inches high and six inches wide.
3. Spread the loaf with ketchup and place bacon on top. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.