◾1 cup fine quinoa flour
◾1 cup gluten free flour mix
◾2 cups gluten free oats
◾1 cup packed light brown sugar
◾1 cup butter
◾1 tsp. baking soda
◾1 cup boiling water
◾2 cups chopped dates
◾1 cup raisins
◾2 tbsp. granulated sugar
◾2 tsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9″x9″ cake pan and set aside.
2. Combine the dates, raisins, 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, and boiling water in a small saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add the quinoa flours, the gluten free flour mix, the oats and baking soda and mix together until crumbly.
4. Press half of the mixture into the greased cake pan. Spread date and raisin mixture on top and press remaining crumbs on top of the date mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.