- 1 lb. lamb rump roast or steaks
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- a pinch of granulated sugar
- 1/2 c light sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1/4 c finely chopped cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
1. Place 8 bamboo skewers in water and set aside to soak for at least 20 minutes.
2. To prepare the marinade, in a medium bowl, mix together the mustard, 2 tbsp of the lemon juice, olive oil, herbes de provence, minced garlic, sugar, salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Trim any extra fat off the lamb and cut into 1″ pieces placing them into bowl with the marinade and coating them well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Then thread the lamb pieces onto the skewers and place onto a broiler pan.
4. Turn the broil temperature to high heat and move oven rack to about 4 inches from the element. Broil the lamb skewers for 3-4 minutes per side, turning only once, until just lightly browned and still pink inside.
5. While the lamb is in the oven, combine the remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice with the sour cream, mayonaise, and cucumbers in a small serving bowl. Press the garlic clove through a press and stir into the sauce along with a dash of salt and pepper. Serve the cucumber sauce with the lamb skewers.