- 1 1/2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lb sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 c gluten free flour
- 1 tsp montreal seasoning spice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 small tin hunts tomato paste
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups cubed waxy potatoes
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 4 parsnips, diced
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Saute the mushrooms and onion in 1 tbsp. of the olive oil in a non-stick pan until onions begin to caramelize. Place into slow cooker.
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil into the non-stick pan. Dredge beef in a mixture of flour and the montreal steak seasoning and add to the non stick pan and lightly brown the meat. Place into slow cooker.
- Stir the beef broth and tomato paste together and pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients in the order listed. Turn the slow cooker on high for 1 hour, then turn down to low heat and cook for 6 more hours. Stir gently to distribute ingredients evenly. Serve with corn bread or crusty rolls.