- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 4 mini cucumbers or 1/2 of a long English cucumber
- 6 green onions
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 c. gluten free hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. gluten free teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 of a package of rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large head of leafy green lettuce or butter lettuce
1. Prepare the lettuce by separating the leaves and washing and drying them.
2. Cut the carrots and the cucumbers into julienne strips. Slice the green onions into thin diagonal pieces.
3. Cook the ground beef in a non-stick skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain off the fat and discard it. Add the carrots, garlic and ginger to the skillet and stir-fry on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the green onions and sesame oil and stir-fry for another minute. Set the mixture aside.
4. In a large pot bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the noodles to the water and boil for 3 minutes. Drain the noodles and add to the beef and vegetable mixture in the skillet along with the hoisin sauce and the teriyaki sauce. Heat just until hot.
5. Stir in the cucumber and transfer the mixture to a serving dish. Garnish with the cilantro and serve with the lettuce leaves and extra hoisin sauce on the side.