This recipe gets the steaks cooked to a medium rare on most barbeques I’ve used. Brushing the sauce onto the steaks right after flipping keeps them from drying out and flipping only once also seems to keep the juices in the meat.
- 4 strip loin steaks, cut to 3/4″ thick
- 1 tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 c. Cattleboyz barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray’s barbeque sauce
1. Preheat the barbeque grill to 500 degrees.
2. Trim off the fat and grissle off the side of the steaks and sprinkle the steaks with the Montreal Steak Seasoning.
3. Mix the two barbeque sauces together in a cup or mug.
3. Turn the heat on the grill to low and spray the grilling surface with non-stick spray. Place the steaks onto the grill and close the cover. Grill steaks for 5 minutes. Flip steaks and spread with the barbeque sauce mixture and grill for another 5 minutes. Serve with a salad and potato wedges or baked potatoes.