- 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 3 stalks celery, diced on an angle
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small chunks
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonlly into long strips
- 1/4 c of salted cashews
- 1 small can of baby corn
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 c gluten free hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 c chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cut chicken into small pieces and add to skillet. Season lightly with salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through, then remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Add ginger slices to skillet and stir-fry for about 30 seconds then add carrots, celery and sesame oil to skillet and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the zucchini, pepper, garlic and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Then add the cashews and green onions and turn the heat to low.
3. Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients, except for the chicken, into a small bowl and wisk together. Add to the skillet with the vegetables and stir the mixture cooking on medium heat until hot and bubbly for about 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet along with the baby corn and heat through. Serve with cooked basmati rice.