- 4 lbs. beef or moose ribs, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 tbsp flour (I use finely ground quinoa flour)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 c stewed tomatoes
- 1 large or 2 medium onions
- 1/2 c regular barbeque sauce such as Heinz or Bulls eye
- 10-12 cloves, chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cut ribs into pieces, sprinkle with seasoning salt and dredge in flour.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet and brown the ribs. Place ribs in a single layer into a roasting pan with a lid.
3. Cut onions in half, slice into rounds and place them on top of the ribs. Stir together the tomatoes, barbeque sauce, garlic, lemon juice and pour over the ribs. Cover the roasting pan and place into oven for 2 hours.
4. Remove the ribs from oven and baste with the sauce in pan. Turn heat up to 325 degrees F and place ribs, uncovered, back into oven for 45 minutes basting every 15 minutes. Serve ribs together with sauce over rice. Skim off any fat from the sauce before serving. (There won’t be any fat to skim if you’re lucky enough to be cooking moose ribs as I was today.)