- 4 large farm fresh eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 c. Pamela’s wheat free bread mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat milk and 1 Tbsp of butter together in a microwave oven for 1 minute or until the milk is hot and the butter is just melted. Using the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, place a 1/2 tsp of butter into each cup of a 12 cup muffin tin or popover pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add the milk and butter and beat until combined.
3. Place the buttered muffin tins into the preheated oven. Working quickly, add the flour, salt and pepper to the egg and milk mixture and beat with electric mixture until well combined (about 30 seconds). Pull the muffin tin from the oven and immediately pour batter into each of the muffin cups, filling them about three quarters full. Quickly place the muffin tin back in the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN until 20 minutes have passed or your popovers will not rise. After 20 minutes check the popovers, turn the oven temperature down to 400 degrees and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the popovers to a serving dish.